Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion with recruitment.

4 posters

Go down

Suggestion with recruitment. Empty Suggestion with recruitment.

Post  Stalwart Tue Feb 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Couple of things.

1) At the moment, every time I log in there seems to be 10 new members in the guild. Not sure if these are alts or not, but it's getting quite hard to keep track of who we actually have, who plays which character, and actually developing an understanding with players as to how they play. This could be why there is a largeish turnover player-wise in the guild because we don't have much obvious stability in terms of player base?

My suggestion : Everyone has their main for WoE in the guild at all times (obviously including any double clienters), and all the rest of our characters can reside in side guilds? Would also help prevent confusion over kicking peoples alts due to inactivity, cut down on guild maintenance, filling up the guild spots unnecessarily and kicking people by accident.

2) Maybe a slightly stricter recruitment policy? We only bought Gatts into HM about 4-5 days ago and he's just gone and made his own guild. I realize there are always going to be people who change their minds, but he's not the only one who just up and left. Again, i'm not sure if this is because Gatts has made a side guild and his main is still in HM, but this is part of the problem with resolved with #1.

My suggestion : Don't invite people the moment we find them to be good. Party with them, farm with them, invite them to a BB event or two, get to know them, and if they are still keen to join, invite them in. If they're not active enough then they don't need an invite, and if they're not willing to go through a couple of weeks to prove themselves, then they probably aren't going to be that loyal to the guild anyway.

The core of this guild is strong enough to be a bit more pick-and-choose with players, and as is very obvious in this game, it's not all about quantity, but it's certainly about quality.

I expect criticism here as I know it's going to be a topic that divides people heavily, so fire away.

Stalwart

Back to top Go down

Suggestion with recruitment. Empty Re: Suggestion with recruitment.

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:44 am

I agree.

Gatts cross originally came from his own guild. Him and I talk a lot especially in BG.

Also, originally, he wanted to woe that one time with us then go back to his guild. But I guess he stuck for a few haha. Is he completely gone or is he just on alts?
[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Stalwart Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:33 pm

Not a clue. I just saw him taking leadership of some guild in server messages.

Stalwart

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:43 pm

This is the problem that I'd addressed a while ago-- it's hard to find "loyal" players not just to the guild, but to their respective classes. The disease that plagues RO is the fact that a lot of people get bored with their said classes and decide to go and make another. Panaroid used to be our designated linker, but now I see her on her creator much more. Tidal used to be another designated linker, but now he's too busy doing GM work. Ghostlike was supposed to play HW and focus on it, but he went champion instead.

here is a copied list of people who have received a variant shoes from the waiting list. This does not include the 10 or so that were given away before I started this list.

1. Esvper
2. Aeoo
3. Alexisonfire
4. Super Effective

5. HakunaMatata
6. Gabux
7. troublesome
8. yin
9. DatBottle
10. Davichi
11. Mansanapol
12. Doomed
13. Tidal
14. Ghostlike
15. Alotopottamoney

Those listed in red aren't even active anymore. With the steady decline in people leaving the guild, I think it's about time I put a sting in to the recruitment (many people thought I was mad the other day after kicking a lot of "inactives" and "new recruits").

Stalwart wrote:My suggestion : Don't invite people the moment we find them to be good. Party with them, farm with them, invite them to a BB event or two, get to know them, and if they are still keen to join, invite them in. If they're not active enough then they don't need an invite, and if they're not willing to go through a couple of weeks to prove themselves, then they probably aren't going to be that loyal to the guild anyway.

The core of this guild is strong enough to be a bit more pick-and-choose with players, and as is very obvious in this game, it's not all about quantity, but it's certainly about quality.

I will support and enforce this as best as I can. HakunaMatata is in some major need of repairs.

[GM] Zoir
[GM] Zoir
Admin

https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 pm

MEDIC! Hahaha

Thanks bro I'll also be more strict about new members.

[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeoo Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:08 am

Recruit the ones who will attend WOE. D: I saw a lot joined but never attend woe.
Aeoo
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:21 pm

^

yes plz. all the new guys that have been recruited lately are still on trial period. I'll keeping tabs of their attendance.
[GM] Zoir
[GM] Zoir
Admin

https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down