Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WoE : 24/02/2013

4 posters

Go down

WoE : 24/02/2013 Empty WoE : 24/02/2013

Post  Stalwart Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Lots to read. Don't want to see any TL;DR'ing.

1) Sorry.

Firstly, sorry about the crappy leading. I have been an officer in guilds before in RO, but i've never led. This was a new experience for me, and I have realized it has a fairly sharp learning curve. Got pretty unlucky as well in the sense that SE is usually dead for opponents, and this week we got both Narnia and RA at once. Hopefully most of the time Chris and Erik will be about in future. If they aren't, i'll make damned sure I learn how to lead better.

2) Classes.

There are classes we simply can not do without. I understand everyone wants the freedom to play what they like, but in WoE, without an LP prof, a bragi clown, a trapper, and at least 2 HW's, there's almost no point taking part defensively. This week was pretty relentless, and the first REAL opposition we've come up against in weeks. This should be a wake up call.

3) Preparation.

We were unbelievably sluggish in preparation this week. I had informed everyone near enough every 10 minutes from about 2 hours before that we had WoE and everyone was to prep. Requesting party invites and guild invites after we've set up precast isn't cool. Doubly so as i'm meant to be providing my HP pool to three or four different people, so warping back to LH leaves us fragile. If you're going to miss the start of WoE, at least make sure you've logged in and partied up before it all kicks off.

4) Portals.

Again, I had said that we were lacking warps prior to WoE several times, and that we needed to meet at castle grounds. This isn't too major since we didn't get punished for it, and luckily the Pinoy champs were there right on time, but in future we do need to be quicker.

5) Raidcall.

We really need to start using it, no exceptions. Communication is too hard with typed text. I've ordered a mic literally 10 minutes ago. If you've got the cash, do the same. Even a crappy $5.00-made-out-of-tinfoil job would do. It's just too much of a shortcut not to use.

6) Disconnects Mid-WoE.

If we're 20 minutes in, and met no opposition, stick around. Like 3 people disconnected and 5 minutes later Narnia came knocking. Pretty poor showing, and lets our team down.

7) Stacking.

This is mostly a problem which can be solved by being on raidcall, but again, if you're asked to move the stack back, then move the stack back. Being caught out on your own does no one any favours. Gets you killed and the team wasted. While quality is more important, there is strength in numbers.

Cool Gear.

Unless absolutely essential to your build, every single one of you should have a Marc/ED Armour, Thara Shield, Raydric Garment and Feather Beret. It's tragic that we actually got frost joked and most our team froze. Sort it out. 20% Reduction in Garment, 30% Reduction in Sheild, 10% Reduction in head gear, and immune to freeze/stone curse. Your survivability goes up incalculably. Stop gearing for damage and start gearing for survival. The team that lives the longest ALWAYS wins.

Basically, we need far more discipline in WoE. We were embarrassing today, myself included. If you play RO for WoE, efforts must be doubled.

Stalwart

Back to top Go down

WoE : 24/02/2013 Empty Re: WoE : 24/02/2013

Post  Tig3r Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:02 am

I'm super sorry for missing out.
We'll get it back next week /pif
Tig3r
Tig3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeoo Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:16 am

Aeoo
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Post  PinoyPride Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:50 pm

RA and FN had a combined 10 players on.

PinoyPride

Back to top Go down

Post  Stalwart Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:40 pm

I have screenshots that show 15 at the emp. There were more than that, but less than the 22+6 that we started with. Also, who are you?

Stalwart

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down