Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stacking. What is it?

3 posters

Go down

Stacking. What is it? Empty Stacking. What is it?

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Sat Jan 19, 2013 9:44 pm

Basics of Basics I : Stack

Stacking. What is it? Woe_st11

- Stack is simply a formation of WoE guild memebers in a certain way and as tightly packed as possible; such strategy allows rest of players to hide certain classes that are vulnerable to attack, such as minstrel or Professor.

- The majority of the stack normally stands inside a Land Protector cast by a DLP Professor, and within the range of a single Clown's song.

- The bare minimum for a WoE stack will consist of, but is not strictly limited to, 2 DD Creators, 1 DD High Wizard, 1 Dispell Professor, one Defensive Land Protector(DLP) Professor, 1 Clown, and one Devotion Paladin

- Other classes in a stack might include Offensive Land Protector(OLP) Professor in the frontline; Slim Potion Pitcher(SPP) Creator, FS High Wizard, Status Sniper in the middle; and High Priest in the back. Champions may stand in the stack to act as Ground Control, and Gypsies are tasked with entering the opposing stack, casting Slow Grace to sabotage them.

- When defending, it is important for a stack to stand at an adequate choke point, with all support raised and players ready for combat. When words gets out that another guild is preparing to engage, players may use their food if they haven't already and make sure all buffs are refreshed. High Wizards may begin to spam their AoE in the space in front of the Land Protector, which is called the "No Man's Land". Once the opposing LP comes into view, Creators may prepare to target key classes to break the enemy stack.

- When attacking, the invading guild must get as close to the opposing stack as possible, while remaining out of sight. Land Protector is vital, as a defending stack should not be letting up on AoE spells. Once the full stack has arrived, food and buffs should be carried out, and, carefully and deliberately, the stack must move together as a single unit, as per the commands of the leader. A stack that spreads out in its initial engagement will surely wipe. Once the stacks have engaged, DD High Wizards must keep up AoE on No Man's Land, while DD Creators target key enemies in the stack. A good stack is able to push when the leader deems it necessary. Stacks that don't push or half-push/half-stay almost always wipe.
Concentration of stack is very important to keep FS classes to be properly protected and remain unexposed or hard to target--they are highly vulnerable from enemy creator and can devastate the entire stack.

How to: Identify a Stack

A typical WoE stack can be divided into two lines of stack involving a certain group of classes like following:

FRONT LINE(CLICK)

• Damage Dealing (DD)

• DD Support

BACK LINE(Click)

• Ground Control (GC)

• Full Support (FS)

Any area in between two frontlines during GvG is called No Man's Land--being exposed in this area imposes a great threat on any classes and high risk of focus-targeted by enemy DD Classes!

Organizing a stack

There are several steps that you must take to form a competitive stack; each group serves as a part of one giant WoE stack; an imbalanced WoE team, such as too many DD classes while not enough Full Support, is a typical example which often be observable in WoonRo Battlegrounds.

Step 1: Class Distribution

In order to prevent either lacking DD classses or FS classes, a typical WoE guild encourages few people to "re-roll" their WoE Classes into something more beneficial and balances the stack out; this is quite essential as WoE attendance rate of one's guild is often staggering and allows players to experience differnt part of the GvG.
A bare minimum class distribution of a stack is following:

• 1 Clown

• 1 DD Creator

• 1 DD High Wizard

• 1 Dispell Profesor

• 1 FS High Wizard

• 1 Paladin

• 1 Dispell/DLP Professor

Step 2: Making a Party

It is highly important for guild members to keep track of each other and for proper supporting, such as devotion, by forming of a party. There are few basic rules such as:

• 1:1 ratio of DD Class devotees to devotion paladin (2 if really necessary)

• DD classes should be at the top of the party list

• If the party is large then it's better for the guild to separate into numbers of parties based on ratio of devotees to paladins

• MBK Professor CANNOT be in the party

Basics of Basic II : Identification of Enemy

As your guild members are ready, there are few things that should be clarified, such as who's going to devo which DD class members, or how they're gonna focus target on enemy--usually experienced voice leader takes job on this and commands members to focus target on enemies; however all guild members must follow basic rules of thumb.
here are basic rules to be reminded before actally entering the field:

• All members must be FCP'ed before proceeding

• All members must stay within Land Protector

• All members must move together and stay together

• All members must notify when they are down

• All members must attack the same unit of barricade that is nearest of the guild

• All DD classes must be in front when encountering enemies--no exception

• All FS classes must be behind from the stack in order to stay unexposed from enemy DD creators.

When actually encountering enemies, perhaps there might be too many members to target whom is whom; this list of priority target will guide you through which target to hit first.

1. Any enemies who's out of their stack

• Often easiest targets to kill

2. FS classes that are within range of attack

• Lack of enemy SPP Creators will make enemy to lose their vitatlity of the party

• Lack of enemy Clown will maim all DD and FS classes in enemy stack

• Lack of enemy Paladins will expose their DD classes vulnerability

• Lack of enemy DLP Professor will expose entire enemies from friendly DD high wizards' AoE attacks

• Lack of enemy FS High Priest will prevent enemies getting buffed and protected by pneuma

3. DD/DD Support classes

• Gypsys' presence will be a big disadavtange for friendly stack as its slow grace impacts the stack's flexibility

• Lack of enemy FS High wizards will allow DLP to protect friendly stack easier

• Enemy DD Creators must be dispelled as often as possible and cast ganbantein on them as they're often vulnerable to high wizards

4. Anything within stack

• This applies to ground control classes only--remember that champions are meant to keep the stacks safe from internal sabotage.

5. Guild leader (if possible)

• taking enemy guild leader will make them unable to emergency call, but not necessarily a high priority as above

**This information is NOT mine but it is too good to not share.**
[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Stacking. What is it? Empty Re: Stacking. What is it?

Post  barumung Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:42 am

We should put this in practice.
I wont be able to use RC for the next woe but I guess I'll be in my home the next week and there I can Very Happy
barumung
barumung

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:51 am

Love it Chris!

I concur, we should practice this, perhaps before woe?

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:12 am

we did this last night, with a few people out of line getting on my nerves lol. regardless, the bulk of us were stacked.

I just have to say one thing: if you are in the stack and someone makes it through, just tell someone that sinx, stalker or whatever got in and our ground control will take care of it with box of sunlight and asura/SB. DO NOT CHASE IF YOU ARE DESIGNATED TO BE STACKED.

Apart from that we pretty much got it down.
[GM] Zoir
[GM] Zoir
Admin

https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:59 pm

[GM] Zoir wrote:we did this last night, with a few people out of line getting on my nerves lol. regardless, the bulk of us were stacked.

I just have to say one thing: if you are in the stack and someone makes it through, just tell someone that sinx, stalker or whatever got in and our ground control will take care of it with box of sunlight and asura/SB. DO NOT CHASE IF YOU ARE DESIGNATED TO BE STACKED.

Apart from that we pretty much got it down.

Awesome, stacking is much more critical in SE than in FE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum