Hakuna Matata
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0)

+4
[GM] Zoir
Esvper
Tig3r
Aeoo
8 posters

Go down

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0) Empty Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0)

Post  Aeoo Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:25 pm

WoE Discussion (Week 0)
Hey guys, let's make this a habit of creating a WoE discussion thread every week. I found out everyone have opinions and suggestions about our previous WoEs. It'll be best to group 'em all together.

Let me start rolling the ball. Our last WoE was last Saturday/Sunday FE: Swanhild 19th Jan .

Early game
- I think we defended it quite well. So not much comment.

Mid-game
- Things started ugly. More people coming on. FrenchTouch and some random sinxs
- I play as a trapper in WOE:FE. And I understand that some people may have miss-clicked and walked over my traps. That's fine with me. I can always remove it and retrap. But please, move back to the stacks and dont idle over my trap placements.

Late game
- We are completely disorganized. We should have move together as a group to the emp room. I was practically telling people to stick together. A bundle of straws is stronger than just a straw.

Summary

-We need to appoint a few commanders or chiefs or something that we as members should listen to. I saw alot of people giving orders. To be honest, I dont know who to follow orders from.

-And we could make separate divisions. For example, front liners and emp defenders. When a sinx broke our def last woe, everyone in the def line chases the sinx causing us to lose our defending position and lack of manpower in the frontline. Silence I Keel You pointed out that we should place 1-2 champs at the emp. He mentioned he broke our emp several times before (previous previous woe) because we didnt have any.

-We need to specify our roles much clearer. No more ShieldChaining pala, Wall of Fog on the emp etc. Also better yet, get core woe members. It seems to me that there is always a last minute add-on members and change of class stuff.

-Class ratios : very bad.
We only had 1 Pala during that time. Certainly not enough. I say decent amount of creos. Tig3r and Nancy wont be able to woe because of the new time (?). We definitely in need of a prof. Doomed said he might switch main to prof. Oh how many FS and DD HW were there? I cant really recall.

Nix and I talked with Today (a right-hand man of Alfheim). We sorta discussed, he said he could help us out in the coming woe since we may need extra hand of a certain class.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Please use the above format. So it will be easier to read and analyses. Whatever I mentioned above are based solely on my opinion and I mean no insult/offense to anyone. I just want us to improve. I think it's enough that we took quite long to prepare for WoE. Erik and Chris have tremendously helped us in gearing. It's time to get serious.

SRS BZ IS SRS.
Aeoo
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0) Empty Re: Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0)

Post  Tig3r Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:48 pm

Ya Swanhill and Skiblandir are too early/late for me Sad
The other 3 times work fine for me, if my work schedule doesn't conflict with those times of course.

Also, really really really sorry about the WoF on the emp. I honestly didn't know it affected our offence as well as the enemies D: I'll for sure stop doing that.
Tig3r
Tig3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Esvper Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:20 pm

Last edited by Esvper on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Esvper

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:43 am

I approve of all of the above.

From my own personal experience, the stack could have been better. There were too many people chasing characters running in past the precast to lure us away so that the whole enemy guild can tag along behind. I was having trouble seeing what in the heck was going on in the back line. For every WoE to follow, I will have a pair of eyes in the back (I will dual client possibly my SinX).

I apologize for e-calling when there's someone at emp, but I assure you the times I decided to ecall to the front line was because too many people in the stack went to chase a SinX that I saw die at the edge of my screen and didn't return back to the front line in 10 seconds, by which time french touche was launching a heavy offensive. Dual client will prevent any confusion for me in the future, so long as I am alive long enough to always be able to see what is going on.

I agree that if someone makes it past our stack/precast, the middle line will be in charge of taking care of the rogue attacker. It is the front line's job to report anyone they see who made it past that line. Keep in mind that middle line people will have to be able to take stalkers out of hiding. Box of sunlight is MANDATORY for middle line and back line people.

I want snipers in the back line coupled with champions and extra sinx. Keep in mind if you are assigned to the back line, you may not navigate to the front or middle line because you will nullify traps by stepping on them. I don't want to hear "I'm bored" if you are in the back line. If you do, I will either throw you out of WoE or have you change classes. The back line is the MOST important so those of you who decide to play back line, I will favor you. Just sayin'.

If we keep formation, everything should be fine.
[GM] Zoir
[GM] Zoir
Admin

https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragnola Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:55 am

Honestly, I feel I would be more useful as a Full Support Professor or a Strip Stalker.

Ragnola

Back to top Go down

Post  Tig3r Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:41 am

Box of Sunlight got it.
I'd be repeating the above posts by saying yes, frontline shouldn't follow the distraction and thin themselves out and yes, we need more people in the back/mid line to get those nasty buggers (join us, we can entertain each other while we wait for something to happen!).
Also, I think Erik dual-clienting is a good idea so that you have eyes everywhere, or even just joining us on raidcall so we can give you the ok on e-calling (or even just to scold us into getting back to our positions Razz)? A couple times it was done when a sinx was attacking the emp, those few seconds we had to use to walk back to the emp is super risky :X

In everyone's defense though... that room has terrible geography Razz
Tig3r
Tig3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

I'm going to be pretty candid about this, but I think our ultimate demise can from a lack of organization. I get we're a new guild and all but if we want to be taken seriously as a strong guild on this server then we need to be more organized. I agree appointing certain commanders will help but what I found in the previous server I played we made a list of who would be doing what during woe and that made life much easier. For example, if one sinx breaks our defense, which is fine cause it's going to happen, then we don't need 20 people chasing after them because look what happens, our defense is gone. This is a rhetorical question, but do we need 20 people to kill 1 person?

Just some food for thought.

PS - Can't do Thursday morning woe since it's at 1am and I need to wake up at 6am for work.

Back to top Go down

Post  Esvper Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:56 pm

Well. All i can say is

1. Be committed and serious about playing WoE
2. Learn to play your class and roles well. Know what to do and what not to do.
3. Watch videos of WoE to learn and improve.

Got a woonRO vid if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRRXpBQYOoo&feature=youtu.be

PS: Good luck for WoE later~

Esvper

Back to top Go down

Post  bluesmrfboi Wed Jan 23, 2013 1:22 pm

wow thanks for the video, I really enjoy woe videos to watch!
bluesmrfboi
bluesmrfboi

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Esvper wrote:Well. All i can say is

1. Be committed and serious about playing WoE
2. Learn to play your class and roles well. Know what to do and what not to do.
3. Watch videos of WoE to learn and improve.

Got a woonRO vid if anyone is interested:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRRXpBQYOoo&feature=youtu.be

PS: Good luck for WoE later~

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0) Know-your-role-and-SHUT-YOUR-MOUTH

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidalv2 Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 am

Well, I suggest we work on the class ratios first.
Esvper wrote:
1. DD Creo
2. DD Creo
3. DD Creo

4. SPP Creo
5. SPP Creo
6. SPP Creo
7. SPP Creo

8. Pala
9. Pala
10.Pala
11.Pala

12. OLP Prof
13. FS Prof

14. Clown

15. GC Champ
16. EC/GC Champ

17. FS Priest - Can be replaced with a buffer/GC champ

18. DD Wiz
19. DD Wiz
20. FS Wiz

21. SS Sniper
22. SS Sniper

23. Linker
24. Linker
Then appoint commanders, as suggested. When that's settled, everyone should watch the video
[ this one is a good video too https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=s3yA2a2jtkc ]
and study their classes.

P.S. I can't play Thursday FE since i'll be working then, but I'll wake up early/stay late for Saturday SE xD
Tidalv2
Tidalv2

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeoo Tue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 am

Schwaltzvalt Guild - Yuno (Skidbladnir)

Congratulations! /e11

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0) ZFd2brm

We are the best guild atm for holding 2 castles. lol.
Hold on.

There are a couple of things that I'd like to touch on.
1. Basic WoE gears. ED/Marc are pretty basic stuff. Nuff said.

2. Stacking

Chris shared something about stacking. Anyone who does not know what is stacking, please have a look at the thread.
https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com/t197-stacking-what-is-it

Aeoo's WoE Discussion (W0) PskSBK2

If you need buffs, pls go to the back of the stack and open chat. Not in front.
exAchiever has been going off the stack countless of times despite telling him to stick with ze group. Sometimes I wonder if he understands English. pig

3. WOE Roster
https://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com/t212-woe-roster

I know that Erik does not like to lock people in to said classes. But I think it's best to have assigned classes and roles. If anyone wishes to switch class, they are free to do so but do it earlier and not last minute so Erik could organize better. Stalwart was the only pala last woe. /pats

4. Be a good sport!

Lastly, show some good sportsmanship yo. Despite FN thrash talked us on #main, Erik still megaphone'd "Nice game FN". So, dont fight back and ignore any thrash talks.

Aioros made a couple of chatrooms with "you mom" and random stuff. Im not sure what's his intention. No offense but please, dont be cocky or arrogant. FN had 6 people on that day.

So ya, have fun during the next WOE. cheers
Aeoo
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Tue Jan 29, 2013 11:41 am

What RO skin are you using? Hahaha
[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeoo Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 pm

OxygenWiredd. you want it? I can send it to you
Aeoo
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Tue Jan 29, 2013 2:52 pm

Awesome. Can you? Haha
[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:00 pm

4. Be a good sport!

Lastly, show some good sportsmanship yo. Despite FN thrash talked us on #main, Erik still megaphone'd "Nice game FN". So, dont fight back and ignore any thrash talks.

Aioros made a couple of chatrooms with "you mom" and random stuff. Im not sure what's his intention. No offense but please, dont be cocky or arrogant. FN had 6 people on that day.

So ya, have fun during the next WOE. cheers [/quote]

Just want to touch on this point cause I know a lot people should be held accountable for this, not naming any names cause I'm not that guy. I take our victory on Saturday with a grain of salt because like Aeoo said, FN only had 6 people to our 31. At the end of the day, the numbers game is going to catch up. To start bragging and boasting about our victory just makes you and the guild look like a giant douche, or a turd sandwich. To further, FN's 6 people wiped out half of our guild so please rethink your logic in trash talking.

Also, stacking, yeah stacking...I'm not confident that we know how to stack properly. Case in point, Chris (White Owl) recalled us at one point during Saturday's woe. Following which, people ran around like a pack of hyena's. Wait a minute? When we get recalled, doesn't that automatically place us in a stack?

Food for thought.

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:15 pm

Actually that would be the best stack lol!
[GM] Stitch Stitch
[GM] Stitch Stitch

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Alexisonfire wrote:
Aeoo wrote:4. Be a good sport!

So ya, have fun during the next WOE. cheers

Just want to touch on this point cause I know a lot people should be held accountable for this, not naming any names cause I'm not that guy. I take our victory on Saturday with a grain of salt because like Aeoo said, FN only had 6 people to our 31. At the end of the day, the numbers game is going to catch up. To start bragging and boasting about our victory just makes you and the guild look like a giant douche, or a turd sandwich. To further, FN's 6 people wiped out half of our guild so please rethink your logic in trash talking.

Also, stacking, yeah stacking...I'm not confident that we know how to stack properly. Case in point, Chris (White Owl) recalled us at one point during Saturday's woe. Following which, people ran around like a pack of hyena's. Wait a minute? When we get recalled, doesn't that automatically place us in a stack?

Food for thought.

In addition, communication-wise, we weren't doing that well. During the entire WoE, RC was pretty much silent, and no one was leading the guild in-game. Malcolm (Aeoo) was trying to lead us; however, no one paid him much attention. I believe we need to appoint some leaders/commanders for WoE. That way, everyone won't be running around clueless not knowing what to do.

It's easier for enemies to pick us off one by one than it is when we're grouped together. Try to stay stacked no matter what; we don't need a ton of asura champs/snipers rushing ahead to asura/snipe the incoming guild. It worked last week because we were fighting with 6 people, but try doing that again when the enemy guild consists of 15+ people. Also, if you plan on trapping (you really shouldn't in SE WoE), be sure to trap at a place where the rest of the stack can attack the people. It's quite pointless to have the stack at one corner and the traps at the other.

Another thing is that when someone gets past our stack, DON'T EVER CHASE AFTER THEM It leaves us completely vulnerable to the enemy guild. Let the back row and GC champs take care of them; they're there for a reason.

When we defend the castle, be sure to pick a good spot to defend at. The spot we were at during the first half of WoE was terrible, it was along a ledge that made it hard for you to cast skills. If you misclicked, you would end up walking around the entire ledge, down the stairs, and into the enemy without being able move back.The second was spot was much better because it had more space. DLP profs, be sure to move the LP to where the stack is instead of having the stack move to the LP. If the stack is rushing forward, be prepared to move the LP as you advance with the guild.

To add on, I personally think it's best if everyone could get on RC for WoE. You don't have to talk, but you should just get on and listen. Believe me, it's much easier to give commands during WoE via talking then typing in-game. Some WoE guilds make it mandatory for members to be on RC/Vent/Teamspeak. They do that for a reason.

Class-wise, we were somewhat unbalanced, with only 1 DD HW and 1 devo pally. We didn't have an active clown either. We really need some people to reroll as other chars for SE WoE; we had way too many champs running around. Furthermore, if you are currently maining a certain class, it would be nice if you would stay dedicated to it and spend time learning how to master that class. It really irks me when people suddenly decide that they're bored of playing XX class and want to switch to another one.

I was also quite disappointed in the trash talking/trolling. We're better than that. If they trash talk, ignore them; don't trash talk back. Another thing, like Matt said, don't get too egotistical because we got the castle. We were WoEing against 6 people. Besides, SE WoE is all about the GvG, the castle's just a bonus. If you really want to see what SE WoE is all about, you should go observe the SE WoE about 9 hours before ours. That's what real GvG is.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum