GM Vermin asked me to forward to you guys

Go down

GM Vermin asked me to forward to you guys

Post  [GM] Zoir on Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:33 pm

GM Vermin is concerned about the server and needs help pinpointing what issues may come up for us as players so that he and the admins can help improve our experience. He wants to open the floor to all Hakuna Matata members and I will forward him all the messages that go here. If there is anything that concerns any of you, please post below and try and be as detailed as possible.

Cheers!

- Zoir

Zoir Creator
HaNeul Mastersmith
Shinon Sniper
Klink Soul Linker
Jeeno High Wizard
Zanza Paladin
[GM] Zoir
Admin

http://woonhakunamatata.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: GM Vermin asked me to forward to you guys

Post  Abnegation on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:52 pm

Such as... what?
Abnegation

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir on Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:54 pm

anything. imba, corruption, bugs... anything to help the server last longer

Zoir Creator
HaNeul Mastersmith
Shinon Sniper
Klink Soul Linker
Jeeno High Wizard
Zanza Paladin
[GM] Zoir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Stitch Stitch on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:13 pm

Can we remove monks from our demihuman existence... Errr.... Can we.... Remove speed pots from BG rewards? Lol! Monks + speed pot is damn too good. XD! Ok ok I'm JK. Sry monks >.> jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post  Abnegation on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:30 pm

[GM] Stitch Stitch wrote:Can we remove monks from our demihuman existence... Errr.... Can we.... Remove speed pots from BG rewards? Lol! Monks + speed pot is damn too good. XD! Ok ok I'm JK. Sry monks >.> jocolor

Joke all you want, but I agree with the point you are taking so lightly.

The fact that Champions, and even Creators, have access to what might as well be unlimited supplies during BG is something that I've been constantly annoyed with. Mostly due to the fact that GR is supposedly disabled, not that we could easily obtain the cards, since the drop rate is 0.01%.

I might not mind the classes so much if the chance at owning cards like GR/Devi existed and they were enabled.

But it's really not something that will kill the server or reduce it's lifetime. People that roll Champs/Creos in BG deserve to play their class just as much as anybody else that needs less consumables.

It just irks me to no end.
Abnegation

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragnola on Wed Dec 26, 2012 11:57 pm

The server seems fine overall. The thing that needs the most work on this server seems to be the economy, but that's an issue that is present in every server. I'm more curious about what they are going to do to pvp because in Emilio's pvp suggestion, Nihad mentioned that there was talk about changing the pvp room (nightmare) into something different. The current pvp is dull and ruled by the few elites who possess the gears to be superior, but that's not really a real issue.

Ragnola

Back to top Go down

Post  Abnegation on Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:14 am

Ragnola wrote:The server seems fine overall. The thing that needs the most work on this server seems to be the economy, but that's an issue that is present in every server. I'm more curious about what they are going to do to pvp because in Emilio's pvp suggestion, Nihad mentioned that there was talk about changing the pvp room (nightmare) into something different. The current pvp is dull and ruled by the few elites who possess the gears to be superior, but that's not really a real issue.

It's gonna be like that everywhere. If they got the gear then let them be.

I'm personally not stepping foot into the "SinX spam every buff in the book and act hella pro" room.
Abnegation

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir on Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:55 pm

So I put together a list of things I am going to possibly bring up to Vermin and Nihad, please let me know if this sounds good or not. Tell me what items to strike from the list.

1. Remove speed pots from BG rewards
2. Put a 1~2 second delay on Blue Pot, Light Blue Pot and Mastella Fruit
3. Change crazy boris rewards on OCA to 3 instead of 10.
4. Perhaps create a limit of how many times you can play Crazy Boris in 1 day (IP lock if possible)
5. Disable teleport in Moscovia Dungeon 3 and Brasilis dungeon 2 to slow down botters.
6. Have GMs scout the two aforementioned maps to check for botters frequently.
7. Create a new WoE time that accomodates USA and Eastern Asia players (4~5 hours server time)
8. Create a WoE time that satisfies European players

Still taking more input

Zoir Creator
HaNeul Mastersmith
Shinon Sniper
Klink Soul Linker
Jeeno High Wizard
Zanza Paladin
[GM] Zoir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tig3r on Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:42 pm

I was going to suggest new WoE hours too ^^;
Tig3r

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragnola on Fri Dec 28, 2012 6:54 pm

I don't think the delay on B pots and Mastelas will be good considering those are also used for PvM. Particularly Blue pots. Not to mention, a delay would mean nerfing a few builds that are heavily dependent on these items (Sacrifice Paladin and FS Ninja).

I don't agree with removing speed pots but I think they should just increase the cost of the potions.

Ragnola

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir on Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:39 pm

Blue pots: potion pitch and soul change were the original intent of those items. Blue pot spam is only for champs that have no cast to begin with. Otherwise other classes can just use grape. It is indeed a nerf but it's true that champs run pvp on this server. Pvm would be harder too but it will fix the balance problems here.

Mastella: I'm partial to these. They are much less imbalanced than ceromain soup on 3-1 and 3-2 servers. I don't mind if these get a cool down but blue pot definitely needs a nerf.

Speed pot: these just need to go. Movement speed shod be equal for everyone, not whomever has the most pots.

EDIT: sorry was on my phone earlier, wanted to say this too. I will definitely let your message be heard too (the last one). I am going to mail Vermin everything posted here.

Zoir Creator
HaNeul Mastersmith
Shinon Sniper
Klink Soul Linker
Jeeno High Wizard
Zanza Paladin
[GM] Zoir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Aeoo on Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:36 am

[GM] Zoir wrote:Blue pots: potion pitch and soul change were the original intent of those items. Blue pot spam is only for champs that have no cast to begin with. Otherwise other classes can just use grape. It is indeed a nerf but it's true that champs run pvp on this server. Pvm would be harder too but it will fix the balance problems here.

Speed pot: these just need to go. Movement speed shod be equal for everyone, not whomever has the most pots.

And no, champ doesnt own PvP in this server. I just witnessed a champ couldnt take down a WS. Some well-played prof are able to own those champs. :d

Speed pots: Yes I agree with you. So ghey that they spam-n-run. -.-
Aeoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:45 am

I think the biggest issue is the hella damage a champ can do. I believe if you're well geared you can survive an asura strike, but the fact of the matter is there's so many people running around as champs it's hard to combat that. I've been on a few servers where asura strike damage was reduced during woe/pvp to balance things out.

Back to top Go down

Post  Ragnola on Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:18 pm

No, champs do IN GENERAL own the server. The few that can't be taken down with 1 asura? They probably have +8 gears and up or GR or combat knife. One of the three or all three. It's pretty much a given that a professor could easily counter champ due solely to the skill dispel.

However, I don't think a nerf on asura strike is necessary. It's not really meant to be easily tankable in the first place which is why you would need impressive gear to tank it. Most people can already tank asura given the correct gears in BG.

Furthermore, rather than removing speed pots from the BG vendor, how about simply adding a delay to it? The speed pots are really useful for reducing the amount of time it takes to run back up to some barricade or emp that must be destroyed within the 6 minutes.

Ragnola

Back to top Go down

Post  Tidalv2 on Sat Dec 29, 2012 3:32 pm

[GM] Zoir wrote:
3. Change crazy boris rewards on OCA to 3 instead of 10.
4. Perhaps create a limit of how many times you can play Crazy Boris in 1 day (IP lock if possible)
5. Disable teleport in Moscovia Dungeon 3 and Brasilis dungeon 2 to slow down botters.
6. Have GMs scout the two aforementioned maps to check for botters frequently.
7. Create a new WoE time that accomodates USA and Eastern Asia players (4~5 hours server time)
8. Create a WoE time that satisfies European players

These suggestion seems pretty reasonable. +1

Also, RWC type of an event is okay And maybe disabling BG items and donations (as suggested by Chris) would give new/poor/lazy players something to look forward to; to be honest, its boring and disheartening to play just to farm all day long.
Tidalv2

Back to top Go down

Post  [GM] Zoir on Sat Dec 29, 2012 7:22 pm

Aeoo wrote:
[GM] Zoir wrote:Blue pots: potion pitch and soul change were the original intent of those items. Blue pot spam is only for champs that have no cast to begin with. Otherwise other classes can just use grape. It is indeed a nerf but it's true that champs run pvp on this server. Pvm would be harder too but it will fix the balance problems here.

And no, champ doesnt own PvP in this server. I just witnessed a champ couldnt take down a WS. Some well-played prof are able to own those champs. :d

Speed pots: Yes I agree with you. So ghey that they spam-n-run. -.-

Precisely the reason why I picked back up battle smith. I was owning champs left and right but there were so many, my teammates kept dying, leaving ranged attackers to finish me off. Sage is not a for sure counter. I'm sure the sage will have to be doing a billion other things than to constantly be casting dispel on one champ. Safety wall helps them a lot but good freaking luck landing a bolt that can kill them. They will just body relocate out of the way before they get hit. That, or speed pot.

Ragnola: it is not likely that anyone can tank a fully-geared champ. Most of the champs we encounter are naked or close to naked. Champ doesn't require much gears to play, typically pvp champs just want ENOUGH damage and prioritize cast. Those type of players don't linger on the same server for too long. GR is also disabled. The only true way to survive an Asura from a GOOD champ is really safety wall and auto guard (or parrying?) from a friendly devotion pally. If you want a stronger check, one will have to take advantage of champs low VIT and status resistance to stun

Tidal: I don't think removing bg items completely is a good idea, many players will quit. :T donations are okay, I just feel like everything is more than obtainable via making gold coins from cards. Agreed on the events now though.

Zoir Creator
HaNeul Mastersmith
Shinon Sniper
Klink Soul Linker
Jeeno High Wizard
Zanza Paladin
[GM] Zoir
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content